RE: (erielack) slightly off topic

Actually, there were TWO FL9's wearing NYC paint - 2012 and 2013 IIRC,
though one was retired shortly afterward and donated to the Danbury
Railroad Museum.  The other is still in service.  As for New Haven,
something like 6 or 8 of them were done, with some still running.  The
third rail gear no longer works and the shoe beams and shoes were removed
several years ago; they run only on shuttle trains at the outer ends of
the Harlem line and on the New Canaan, Danbury and Waterbury branches.

- --- Michael Sheehy <njnyrr_@_optonline.net> wrote:

> Metro North did this with at least two of its heritage locomotives
> (FL9's?)- one was New York Central- gray with lightning stripes; the
other
> in the "NH" New Haven paint scheme. I thought I was hallucinating when I
> saw them in Wassaic on the Harlem Line.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey