Re:(erielack) Carfloats

The effect of any current would be negligible compared to the tides.  All of the waters involved are tidal, and they can be nasty.

They call it "Hell Gate" for a reason

Randy Brown
I doubt there was enough of a current to affect running times, but if it did it would favor the return trip as the current flow is southerly. The scheduled time is considerably shorter than what I would have thought.

Paul Brezicki

Maybe someone has an Erie carfloat schedule that will tell us what the Erie allowed, but the LV scheduled 90 minutes for  the trip from its Jesey City floatbridge to its 149th
St Terminal just south of Erie's Bronx Terminal, and 120 minutes for the reverse trip. The difference was due to effects of the predominant current flow perhaps?