RE: (erielack) DL&W F Unit Spark arrestors

> Jim/Paul'
> I'd do what you seggested-look through the various photos and
> try and fix a date or at least a range of dates. Same with
> the pilot detail.
> Jim

OK, here's my research based on a few hundred photos: The DL&W started
installing the spark arrestors starting in late 1957/early 1958. Most units
had the arched screen held up by what appears to be four thin vertical posts
at their corners. Several units also had a square-looking type of spark
arrestor, but these were far less common.

Pilot detail to follow... :)

	- Paul

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.