Re:(erielack) DL&W F Unit Spark arrestors

Greetings list;

Another member asked the following question of me off-list:

When did the DL&W start using the spark arrestors?  Early photos don't
show
any in use yet.

To which I must reply: Good question! I replied to the original question
without even thinking; I, of course, used the CalScale parts on my _EL_
F-units. Granted, I modeled ex-DL&W units, but still, the question
remains, when were they installed? I have a feeling it was in later
(read: EL) years... So, does anyone indeed know the answer?

Darn trick question!

Sorry for any confusion...

Jim Harr