Re: (erielack) film

Dear Randy,

I have a closet full of Kodachrome 64s and 25s that are in excellent
condition as well, but I've converted over to digital since it makes no
sense to try to continue using film.  Virtually all your magazines and
newspapers are now using digital images.  It's not as if there is some
doubt that digital will replace "analog" film; it's already happened.  It's
just that the amateur photographers are amongst the last hold-outs.  The
writing's on the wall.

Chuck

                      "Janet & Randy
                      Brown"
                      <jananran_@_mymailsta To:     erielack@lists.railfan.net
                      tion.com>           cc:
                      Sent by:            Subject:
                      erielack-owner_@_list         (erielack) film
                      s.elhts.org

                      07/22/2005 11:01 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Janet & Randy
                      Brown"

I have in hand, as I type this, a slide that I took in 1955 of an Alaska
Railroad obervation car.  The slide now looks exactly as I remember the
image when I took it -- crisp, clear and colorful.  I could duplicate it,
show it or publish it.

Can anyone show me a digital image from fifty years ago that is as good?
Twenty years?  Ten?  Five?  Last year?

How long will digital images last in an electro-magnetic environment,
called our Earth's magnetic field?

I won't be around to say, "I told you so", but I will be laughing.  I
imagine Ansel Adams will be snickering, also.

Randy Brown