Re: (erielack) NJT photography way out in the wild wild West

- --- Andrisd_@_aol.com wrote:
> Parked just down the road in the confines of the French Alstom, man they
> built a neat building, (looks like it's been there for over one hundred
> years) are a handful of NJTransit locos.  Not sure of the model, to my
> untrained eye they look like Amtrak AMD-103.  I may or may not have
> digital proof of #4003 gleaming in the early morning sun.

Model is PL42.  4200 hp EMD prime movers, AC traction.

> Also found behind the wire were a set of NJTransit cars, 5000 or 6000
> series.

5000 series are older models, probably there for overhaul.  6000 series
are new (built in last two years) car there for warranty repairs, though
Alstom has several locations in NJ for doing that.  A few cab cars haven't
shown up on NJT yet and are probably there for locomotive testing under
the PL42 program.  All the locomotives are to be delivered later this
year; I've only seen 4020 and 4021, which have been doing performance
tests on NJT routes (non-revenue).  One or two are still in Pueblo on the
test track.  I expect they will all be delivered after the tests are
complete.

> Some cars labeled MARTA (Atlanta?) and looked like DC Metro as well.

Yes, MARTA is Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.

> On the James street park side 5 locos were coupled together, 2 undecs on
> either end with the 3 middle, 4007, 4016, 4041.

If they're NJT, 4041 is too high - there are only 33 engines in the order.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey

http://www.geocities.com/gkazin/index.html