Re: (erielack) If you thought NJT restrictions on photography are tough, watc...

The increased security around rail facilities has scared some of the fans
off -- but NOT me. ("I am NOT afraid!") This has required more vigilance in
taking pictures. Do not park you auto in such a place where "that car" can be
associated with "that photographer." Also, bring along a change of clothing
(shirts, hats) and do not make it obvious you are taking pictures until you
actually take one. (My camera is easily hidden under my shirt or in my pocket.)
It is also a good idea not to just "hang out" at any given location for
prolonged periods of time...keep moving around.

Railfanning is NOT a crime and we must not cow-tow to the fears of being
"caught" pursuing our hobby. Unfortunately the measures outlined above have
become necessary to avoid being hassled by local authorities -- but it will
eliminate most questions and allow the police to actual pursue someone who is
actually doing something illegal (like robbing or raping) as opposed to clamping
down on photographers.

Bill Shapotkin