(erielack) Caboose Assignments

As of March 22, 1973, caboose assignments in Bison Yard were as follows:

233    Falls Run (Day)
224    Falls Run (Night)
246    Groveland Turn
143    RC 298-297
148    RC 297-298
129    Avon Local
164    B&SW 139-140
256    B&SW 137-138
140    Lockport Run
114    Attica Local
264    PC Puller
210    Rock Puller
T-25    Bison Yd
T-26    Bison Yd
T-27    Bison Yd
T-28    Bison Yd

As of January 4, 1974, the four T series were listed as "useless". #246 and #256 were bad ordered.

Apparantly, as the result of some local union "understanding", the following order went out to all Trainmasters on May 2, 1974 from Bison Yard Superintendent E.Q. Snyder:

"On July 20, 1973, you gentlemen were instructed that 'T' cabooses would no longer be used on local
or transfer service in Buffalo Terminal. It is also a known fact that usually we are short of Local or Road
cabooses for use in the above mentioned service; however, no matter how the situation on cabooses
stands, we cannot and will not use 'T' cabooses in local or transfer service in Buffalo Terminal. Govern
yourselves accordingly."

Ronald R. Dukarm   ELHS #532  ELHTS #66
rdukarm_@_adelphia.net