(erielack) Hanford, NJ

The other night I was bored so I started surfing the net and entered
"Hanford NJ".  To my surprise the first of two articles on the
establishment of the junction came up.  It was written by John Deserto
and was on the M&NJ Historical Society site.  Part One was the only one
there.  It explains a lot about the establishment of the location and
the not too nice relationship Erie/NYS&W had with M&U.  Basically Erie
was hoping M&U would default in independent operation and then take its
operations over for scrap value not having to pay any bonds off.  It's
interesting reading.  Is this a new article?  If not where can I get a
copy of Part 2 taking the history from the 1920s up to Susquehanna
abandonment in 1958?

The diagrams explain a lot about what I discovered as I have walked the
right-of-way from Unionville back to the state line.

Ed Montgomery