From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org [mailto:erielack-owner@lists.elhts.org]
On Behalf Of Njricky2_@_aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:00 AM
To: doubletrack_@_comcast.net; paultup@optonline.net
Cc: brian_@_net.bluemoon.net; erielack@lists.railfan.net; Njricky2@aol.com
Subject: Re: (erielack) test

Noticed that also. But, most of the country is sweltering under the heat and
especially the humidity as we are in NJ, NY and PA. So perhaps being online
is not the priority.

In my neck of the woods (Manhattan), the outdoor parts of restaurants along
Columbus Ave. are virtually deserted, although the two cafes in Riverside
Park along the Hudson River are doing fine.

In Riverside Park, you have burgers, summer picnic food, a full bar and
great New Jersey sunsets, not to mention a very low crime rate, thus nothing
to worry about. And in this weather, maybe a breeze.

AND, you can bring the pooch. The cafe operators put down water bowls and
keep a box of Alpo Milk Bone dog biscuits on the bar for returning canine
customers. Yup, it's true. Felines are also welcome but are few and far
between.

I know many here who have retreated to the beaches and the mountains and
maybe cooling off is the priority. Thus it doesn't surprise me that we see
low volume.

What's my reason for being here? Easy. I'm working and finishing school, so
I'm stuck here in Manhattan when I'd rather be on Long Island catching a
nice ocean breeze or up in the Poconos where it cools down at night but even
up there, it's extremely humid.

So since I'm stuck here, I'll take Riverside, kick back in my shorts and
T-shirt, have a burger, a cold beer, and watch the sunset over New Jersey.

If you're coming to Manhattan and would like details on the Riverside cafes,
directions, etc., contact me offlist. You will enjoy something simple in
Manhattan and you wouldn't know that you are in the largest city in the
country.

I almost forgot to mention that if you're at the cafes and feel a rumble,
don't worry. It's just an Amtrak train running along their Empire Corridor
under Riverside Park.

Rick

End of EL List Daily V3 #1716