(erielack) A faux EL crane?

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-07-13-05

3382_Little_Ferry_NJ_8_79_Held_coll.jpg (image/jpeg, 800x467 59409 bytes, BF: 6.29 ppb)

Hi all,

	Attached is a photo from Jay Held's collection of "EL 3382", a big bright yellow American crane, taken well into Conrail. There's another shot of (I think) this very same crane in one of the "Classic Freight Cars" softcover books (MOW volume) at the same location, Little Ferry, NJ on the former NYC West Shore line.

	My question is, did the EL really buy this crane? Or was the logo a clever stencilling job by a former EL employee?

	- Paul

 <<3382 (Little Ferry, NJ - 8-79 - Held coll).jpg>>