Re: (erielack) (Caldwell Branch) CORRECTION: WR Tower

In a message dated 7/10/2005 8:48:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Edward.Montgomery_@_fcps.edu writes:

Sometime  around the merger the Caldwell Branch trains were cut back to
Caldwell.   Anybody have that date?  Essex Fells was, and probably still is, a
rather  exclusive neighborhood--sort of like Short Hills.  I wonder why they
would not fight the loss of their own personal railroad station?

Ed  Montgomery

Ed,

Well the last passenger train to Essex Fells was in 1966......I have no  idea
when the EL stopped interchanging freight with the M&E....Probably  sometime
around 1973.....

Steve