RE: (erielack) Re- Rights Top EL Name

It seems to me that whn this all first came to light, there was an article
in a national publication (Darned if I recall which one), which stated that
the most likely cause for the push for the "licensing" was that one of the
company lawyers came up with this "Great idea" and sold it to the higher-ups
as "protecting the copyright". The magazine's opinion was that the money
that would be made would probably be enough to ensure that the Corporation's
legal department would continue to operate.

Corporate greed? No, I don't think so. Personal greed, aided and abetted by
the corporate mindset and financed by the shareholders, seems alot closer to
the truth.

Michael Dye ELHS #1516