Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:26:03 EDT
From: RJFlei_@_aol.com
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: (erielack) Re- Rights Top EL Name

[putting on my corporate hat]

The money going back IS earned profit off a trademark that they own. For
example, Athearn has to cough up $$$ to Coke to make Coca-Cola delivery
trucks.
Nowadays, companies are VERY controlling of their image and the fact that they
can license it as an additional revenue stream. So technically, it *IS*
"earned
profit."

I'd like to know just how much profit the railroads make by licencing
modelmakers products with the RR's name or logo.

I'll bet it isn't even enough to fill a loco's fuel tank for one trip!

Corporate greed strikes again!

Rick Fleischer
ELHS 1426
Cortland, Oh.