(erielack) what I don't like about model railroading

I don't like the fact that many model railroading supplies are being manufactured in China which supplied most of the hardware to North Vietnam and is still a communist country.

A lot of Erie and Lackwanna centers - Buffalo, Cleveland and Scranton come to mind - could use some good paying manufacturing jobs.

One of the reasons the price is going up so much is that they are selling smaller and smaller pieces of the same pie. When I first started in model railroading about 1980 there were 2 RS2 models - a toy-like one from AHM and a hard to assemble one from Hobbytown of Boston.
How many are there now? How about PS-2 covered hoppers? Are 3 manufacturers enough?

I'm sure anyone that wants inexpensive Athearn cars and locos can find all they need at train shows from the ever increasing supply of items bought and stuck in the closet or replaced by newer, more expensive models.

Ed Mines

Edward B. Mines
238 Willard Dr.
Hewlett, NY  11557