Re: (erielack) Rights to EL name

For the record, Norfolk Southern owns the rights to the EL logo and its predecessors.  ELDCPS has worked with NS and has a letter allowing us to use them in our activities.

Tim

- -----Original Message-----
From: Hank Sundermeyer <sunderhj_@_att.net>
Sent: Jul 8, 2005 11:15 AM
To: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>,
	'Timothy Phalon' <rivercat12_@_hotmail.com>,
	erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) Rights to EL name

If I buy a EL logo boxcar or locomotive and 5% of the purchase price goes
into the pockets of CSX as unearned profit, what other purpose does it
serve?  Do they put some of this money back into public service by
supporting organizations like ELHTS or the ELHS or the ARHS or any other
organizations that promote public awareness of railroads and their history?
Why not?  The predecessor names would seem to be useless for anything else.

How have we let companies like CSX and other railroads who have done
everything they could to destroy the identities of their predecessor roads
get away with turning around and gouging the public for using these names?

Regards,
Hank