RE: (erielack) Re: JC Union Terminal photo

Dave Goessling asked:

> Back to the photo, many questions:
> What is all that wood stacked around the PRR reefer in the
> foreground?
> Could it be cedar, for insulation? And what does that writing on the
> left side of the reefer say? It almost looks like it says "Harmonica
> Lady." Huh? Or is that on the negative?

The lettering is on the car (not on the negative). As for the wood, that's a darn good question! If you notice, the car and wood are on the near side of the fence surrounding the UT building (fence above the crossing at the right), so this might not be related to UT.

> What direction are we looking in this photo? Is that building on the
> right still there? What year is it? Where is the Holland
> Tunnel entrance
> in relation to the building?

The photo, if the track in the foreground is DL&W, must be looking west.  The Holland DTunnel entrance would be behind the building. As for the year, I have no idea, but based on all the wooden cars, the 1920s or 1930s?

> Thanks for posting  Paul!

You're welcome; I always enjoy sharing with the list! (hint hint, to others with cool stuff :)