(erielack) Erie ? Lantern

        Hey gang,

        I have come into possession of a kerosene railroad lantern, an
"ADLAKE".
        It has an "E" inside a diamond stamped into the lid, on top, as
well as an E" inside a diamond embossed or etched into a clear glass
globe.
        I have already had it cleaned up with a very fine sandblaster,
and washed the globe, and everything came out nearly perfect.
        The best part of this story is that it cost me NOTHING.  It was
found in a pile of junk in a vacant, abandoned dwelling most likely
inhabited by a homeless person.  There was evidence that someone had
taken up residing there, i.e. a practically brand new Coleman lantern in
another part of the same house, some clothing, and make-shift bedding on
the floor.  But the railroad lantern was tossed off into a corner of a
room full of junk.  So it was destined to be eventually destroyed.  I
gave it a good home.
        Me thinks that this may be a genuine Erie or EL article.  Anybody
out there, better versed on what this sounds like ?  I'd appreciate your
appraisal, based on my brief description.
        In any case, it is a keeper and will hang in my family room by
the fireplace.

        Jim Flynn
        ELHS # 2598
        jimbatt1_@_juno.com