(erielack) Relevant stuff in print!

In the new "Classic Trains" magazine (Summer 2005 issue), there is a superb
article by Bert Pennypacker on the Lackawanna's last order of new steam
power, Hudsons 1151-1155, and their demotion by diesels by the 1950s.

Also, the new book "Trackside along the Erie Lackawanna Commuter Lines" by
William Brennan is also out. I will provide a full review once I've had a
chance to read it, but thumbing through it, I am VERY impressed by the
quality and reproduction of the photography. The book covers all of EL's
northern NJ lines, primarily in the 1961-1971 timeframe.

	- Paul

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.