Re: (erielack) Speaking of radios & Speed Signs on the..... SOUTHERN

Steve Kay's right.  There is nothing better than an engineer who knows
the line.  How many speed restriction, whistle post, milepost, not to
mention highway, signs now decorate someone's bedroom or garage?  Signs,
especially in suburban or rural areas, grow feet and walk away.
Although it's hard to remember every speed restriction on a long run, as
Walt Smith points out, the results of not knowing can be disastrous.  We
depend upon whistle posts, but when someone has stolen the whistle post
sign, the only protection is a set of crossbucks (and maybe a STOP
sign), and we don't blow sufficiently far in advance, we have trouble.

Ken Bush