(erielack) Speed limit signs; was radios

Speaking of speed limits, one of the former Lackawanna engineers told us
about a speed limit that was time sensitive as well as curve sensitive.

	At Maplewood station, track three only, at certain times of the day the
speed limit was 10 MPH (might have been 15). The reason was the Post
Office is adjacent to track three, and certain times of the day, postal
workers would toss sacks of mail across track three to the station agent
who would wait on the island platform to catch (retrieve) them to be
loaded onto certain trains.

	I don't remember him telling me if this restriction was official, as in
the TT Special Instructions, or unofficial, as in be aware or else.

	Bill

Steven Kay wrote:
> There are still speed signs at Roseville Avenue.
>
> Steve

- --
Be a Locomotive Engineer:
Its the most fun you can have with 3000 HP