Re: (erielack) Denville today (With Alcos :)

- --- Dlw1el2_@_aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/22/2005 8:48:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> paultup_@_lucent.com writes:
> > Here are two photos from lister Gary Kazin taken yesterday at
Denville,
> > NJ.  This is M&E Alco C424 #18 coming off the wye at Denville, then
> > heading down the Morris & Essex back to Morristown.

> Gary and Paul
>
> What were they doing over on the wye?   Clearing up or turning the
> caboose?

The M&E crew member (it wasn't Mike Delvecchio) who worked the switch from
the siding onto the Boonton Line told the engine (#18) needed some work
and had to be turned to make it easier to do the work.  Caboose #4 went
along for the ride, maybe so it wouldn't be a light engine move???

I have another view showing NJT train 656 passing the waiting ALCo...

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey

http://www.geocities.com/gkazin/index.html