Re: (erielack) RE: Speaking of radios

	More on the points and pounds:

	How many remember the cat poles before the re-electrification? They
were black, and to gauge speed, they were painted with white stripes
every 1/4 mile. One stripe was the first 1/4 mile, two stripes was 1/2,
three stripes was 3/4.

	Bill

Scott Lupia wrote:
> The old timers always say they ran without speedometers by using the
> points and pounds system.  At a certain point, you put on so many pounds
> of air.  Pretty simple system and it worked.
>
> Scott
>
> Dlw1el2_@_aol.com wrote:
>

>> In a message dated 4/21/2005 9:51:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> Smtimko_@_aol.com writes:
>>
>> Hard to  believe by today's standards and regulations, but I seem to
>> recall   that the former DL&W MU Cars were NOT radio  equipped.
>>
>> SMT
>>

>> Steve
>> Your correct, but you think that's bad,  How about this.  They  didn't
>> have speedometers!
>>
>> Bob
>>

>>     The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>>     Sponsored by the ELH&TS
>>     http://www.elhts.org
>>

>     The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>     Sponsored by the ELH&TS
>     http://www.elhts.org

- --
Be a Locomotive Engineer:
Its the most fun you can have with 3000 HP