Re:(erielack) New NJT Photo permit procedure

It's an interesting idea.  However, it would depend very heavily on everyone's behaving calmly and in an orderly fashion -- else, you could be charged with inciting a riot and they with disturbing the peace.

Listening to the police radio is definitely a no-no in every jusridiction.

Randy Brown
I thought of an interesting exercise that would probably drive them  crazy-kind of a railfan flash mob. It will require a bunch of people to make  it work, but should tie them in knots.

We need maybe a dozen participants-more is better. Everyone go out on a  Saturday at 1000, or near that time, to shoot a train at your local NJ  Transit station. Go out, take your shot, and take off. An hour or two later,  repeat the process, at different stations. Then do it again later in the  day, again at different stations. Some caveats: if you see a cop of any  description, leave the station, even if you haven't taken your shot, or even  gotten out of your car. Don't linger at the station before or after taking  your shot. We don't want to give them an opportunity to get us. Don't repeat  any stations if possible.

Somebody should be listening to the NJT police channel to see where they are  so as to avoid a confrontation, and also to see how badly they get tied up  once the calls start coming in from the train crews. Perhaps after this NJ  Transit will see the folly of chasing around after all the photographers.

Tom B