:Re: (erielack)Why New FAQ Section?

Randy,

Because not everyone who may have a question about the railroads happens
to be "here". In fact, I suspect most such people aren't members of this
list. Again, the FAQ is open to anyone, not simply EL Mailing list
members. Shouldn't non email list subscribers have an option other than
joining a mailing list? Would you deny everyone else but this list's
subscribers answers to their questions?

By the same logic, the questions which appear in the Diamond should be
done away with and simply post them here. I don't believe you mean to
suggest any such action. I wouldn't want to deny ELHS subscribers access
to information simply because they are not or do not choose to be a
member of an email list. Would you? Why shouldn't ELH&TS members and
visitors to our web site have the same privilege? Not all ELH&TS members
are also subscribers to this list, nor do the choose to be.

Since we have a link on our site to information about joining this list,
the really curious might well make the leap and join us here. Why
artificially limit people's options? Maybe you haven't seen it yet, but
the FAQ is interactive not static, it isn't simply a list of questions
and answers on a page. It can be searched by topic using keywords.

Tell you what Randy, if you become an ELH&TS member, I'll be happy to
let you manage the FAQ and you can cross post any of the railroad
oriented questions we receive on the FAQ here as well. I would be very
pleased to have someone as conscientious and knowledgeable as yourself
to take charge of the railroad related questions.

Regards,

Will

www.elhts.org