RE: (erielack) Extant DL&W bumping blocks...

Paul,

Here's a 1993 photo from Greendell.  Looks like a bumping block adjacent to
the station platform.

Chuck

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~tubbs/ErieLackawanna/203-29.JPG

                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"
                      <paultup_@_lucent.com To:     "'Gary R. Kazin'" <gkazin@yahoo.com>
                      >                           EL List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 RE: (erielack) Extant DL&W bumping blocks...

                      04/18/2005 10:28 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"

> Another DLW bumper block is nearby in Morristown.  The former
> Morristown
> Lumber building, which was located on the south side of the
> railroad east
> of the station had a siding that went into the basement.
> After the fire
> that destroyed the building, the bumper there became visible to the
> public.

Since we're discussing extant DL&W bumping blocks, when my wife and I were
taking our daughter for a stroll last week around town, I noticed there are
two of them, side-by-side, at the west end of the Dover freight house,
right against Orchard Street. These were the Dover team track bumpers.
Anyone know of others?