(erielack) ELDCPS Dinner (and DL&W Budd diner model news, too!)

Hi folks,

	A brief report on last night's "Dinner in the Diner" dinner held by the ELDCPS in Andre's in Newton, NJ.... This was the most well-attended of these events to date, with 45 attendees (we almost had to move people into an overflow room!). The dinner was superb, starting off with a seafood remoulade, followed by a "Pennsylvania Dutch" chicken and corn soup, then a Waldorf Salad. The main dinner course was a choice of a Flat Iron Steak Bordelaise, Filet of Sole, or Stuffed Pork Chops. The after-dinner speaker was the witty and well-read Jim Porterfield, author of "Dining by Rail" and "From the Dining Car", as well as the monthly dining column in Railfan & Railroad Magazine. One of the most entertaining after-dinner speakers I've heard! Following Jim's talk, dessert was served - a delicious bread pudding with a bourbon cream sauce. YUM!

	All guests received a complementary set of DL&W playing cards (a reproduction, not the original!). A good time was had by all! With any luck, we might be able to do next year's dinner on EL 741.... :)

	Joe Lofland had also brought his DL&W Budd Diner kit to the dinner. It was in the 90% complete state (he still had to add diaphragms and a few minor details). His car was painted and lettered and looked GREAT! A few people had asked me when I posted the photo of Joe's car from last week about the interior - it is NOT part of the kit, but will be available as a separate part.  Joe says these should be ready in the very near future. More details on his website at www.jjlmodels.com