(erielack) Erie yellow... A confirmation?

Hi folks,

I picked up the new book "Diesels of the Union Pacific, Vol. 2" from Withers
Publishing this weekend. In the intro about UP diesel paint scheme is this
paragraph of interest to listers:

"Research has found that Armour Yellow was Dupont Master Color Code 9356,
deck 540, also known as Dupont No. 93-9356 Dulux Yellow Enamel. The same
color was used by Akron, Canton & Youngstown Railroad on its four H20-44s
from Fairbanks-Morse after the road's officials saw a Union Pacific H20-44
displayed in July 1947 at the Railway Equipment Supply expo in Atlantic
City, NJ. The same yellow shade was also used by Atlantic Coast Line,
Detroit & Toledo Shore Line, ERIE, Kansas City Southern, Louisiana &
Arkansas, Meridian & Bigbee, and Phelps-Dodge Morenci Mine (information
supplied by Bob Lucas, AC&Y Historical Society, March 17, 2001)"

So I suppose the big question is - would UP Armour Yellow be correct for
Erie yellow? Is this factual?

	- Paul

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.