Re:Re:(erielack) Phoebe, on the Metro North

Phil - The Erie's Chicago passenger route did not run via Buffalo.  So both
your statement and mine are correct.  The Erie's passenger route was JC-Pt
J-Bing-Elmira-Hornell-Olean-Jamestown-Meadville-
Younsttown-Akron-Marion-Lima-Huntington-Hammond-Chicago.  The Buffalo
service was from Hornell to Buffalo via Warsaw and Attica.  DL&W-NKP service
(the through sleepers and cars noted in my email) was via Buffalo.  The EL
restored service to the Hornell-Buffalo line as part of the downgrading and
elimination of the DL&W between Buffalo and QO Gibson.  The last trains, #10
eastbound, and 21 WB (IIRC) operated 30 June 1962 on the DL side.
MJC