Re:(erielack) Phoebe, on the Metro North

Michael Connor:
Thanks for the information on passenger service marketing to Buffalo and
beyond, in the days of the Phoebe Snow.
You say that the Erie had discontinued passenger service to Buffalo in
1951.  That's an incomplete statement, isn't it; because I rode an Erie
train to from JC to Chicago in 1954.
Mention that the Valley went to Buffalo reminds me that there was a sixth
rail route out of New York to the mid west; something I hadn't thought of,
(even though I actually sold a guy a LV ticket to Buffalo, working in Penn
Station, in 1957.)  Thanks again.
Philip Martin