(erielack) Gravity Railroad

I received a message from a friend (Tony) in Dunmore PA who is the local
expert on the Gravity RR (since that's predecessor of the Erie, Paul said it
was ok to post this).  Not sure if anyone is interested, but here's the
story.

PennDOT started work on repairing the I-81 bridges going over the Rocky Glen
Road , they are starting with the South bound lane first and are building a
temp road along side of the bridge and in the process they partially buried
a good section of the upper half of the #4 incline.

He received an e-mail back from Mr. Shimko at PennDOT saying that a study
was done by their in house Historical people and the maps show no incline in
the area being worked on.

After he took the PennDOT folks on a tour of the site, they said you guys
are correct we screwed upped and once the bridges are fixed they will have
an outside contractor clean out the rock and dirt from the incline.

First Kudos to Tony for keeping local history alive.

Second, obvious concern is how to ensure PennDOT honors their commitment to
return the site to it's original condition.

Frank Adams
Colorado Springs, CO
ELHS #2116
ELHTS #52