Re: (erielack) Phoebe, on the Metro North

Hey  the color reproduction is terrible  NKP cars wore a blue slightly
darker than Cyan and defnatly not Pastel tinted and it was on the roof
and ends too   I have seen a photo of an ex NKP car Years after where
the paint was badly Oxidised  surely not how they appeared in the mid 50s

Philip Martin wrote:

>Nice advertisement for the Lackawanna.  I wish they had said the train went
>to Chicago, though.  The thing I liked most about the Phoebe was the powder
>blue name boards on the NKP cars in its consist; a beautiful shade of blue.
>I guess that makes me a heretic.  $175 for ride in Phoebe car, (or any
>other car:)  I'm too cheap for that.
>
>Philip

End of EL List Daily V3 #1619