(erielack) Bumping Block Visited today..

In a message dated 4/12/2005 4:00:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
paultup_@_lucent.com writes:

From an  EL veteran:

>The "old" freight yard was across the depressed street  (forgot its name.)  I
>don't have any idea where the block came  from.

The plot thickens...

- -  paul

Ok..
Scott and I took a ride there a few hours ago.. No way is it  original. There
are several fresh cable cut marks around the edges to show that  something
had happened to it in recent history..
It sits up higher than all the surrounding grounds. Smack in the  middle of a
fresh landscaping...
In high school, I used to throw a frisbee there.. I never ran into a cement
barrier :-)
There is no vegetation around it whatsoever.. Just a few planted shrubs.
The EL vet is correct.. The yard was across the way, it was not a big yard
and it pointed more towards the south..
The B&B gang I had spoken to told me it was moved from Convent..  Altho its
true I do not know how they did it..
The satellite photo Scott provided, taken in 2002-2003  shows a BARE LAWN.
hhmmm..
Phoned up 2 DL&W engineers, who had a combined 102 years on  the RR, they
both went in and out of that yard for decades.. Both of  them said they could
remember no such block.

- -Pat