RE: Subject: (erielack) ELHS Eastern Region Spring Meeting Report

Greetings Listmembers;

Thanks, Paul, for your excellent re-cap of the Spring meeting in
Parsippany. Not much else to add!

Unfortunately I missed most of Rusty's presentation; what did he use to
decal his trailer models?

One of the highlights for me was, during Walt Appels' films, the footage
he had of the SJ Groves U-boats at work in constructing I-280 through
the Oranges. I did't get a chance to ask - did they get there via the
ex-DLW line that runs adjacent to the highway?

As Paul Mentioned, Roger Cook had some phenomenal slides, and his night
shots were as crisp as broad daylight. Very nice indeed.

Also, the DL & W Covered hopper model that I displayed will be the
subject of the next installment of From The Workbench, which is in the
hands of the publisher as I write this.

It was great to see so many of you again, and great to meet some of you
that I haven't before.

Until next time!

Jim Harr
ELHS #2934