(erielack) Re: EL SD45-2 3680 has been retired

It is a shame that no thought was given within the railfan community to
preserve this locomotive. To my knowledge no EL or predecessor EMD road
units have been preserved in EL's service area. Hopefully someone can come
forward to work with CSX to save this unit.

John J. Blair

> From Archives_@_Railfan.net
> Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:27:40 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "J. Henry Priebe Jr." <root_@_net.bluemoon.net>
> Subject: (erielack) EL SD45-2 3680 has been retired
>
> CSX 8976, ex CR 6665, exx EL 3680 has been retired by CSX according to a
> Huntington shop staff member.
>
> October of '72 to April of '05 is a pretty good run.
>
> http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=100452
>
> Maybe a rebuilder will reuse the carbody...
>
> Henry
>
> J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
> www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
> www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services

It