  From: WellerK_@_aol.com
  To: Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com ; rslate@frontiernet.net
  Cc: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net ; erielack-owner@lists.railfan.net
  Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:03 PM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) Ghost Train

  Um,  I may have been entirely wrong about my previous comments about the route of the Lincoln Funeral Train.  I previously doubted that the train travelled on the Erie at all, in that it would be a rather unusual way to get to Indianapolis, etc.  Then, just yesterday, I was browsing at our local library, and came across some sort of history magazine (can't recall the title, and didn't make a copy) that had the Route - which apparently was very circuitous, and did go here & there  (including I believe NY city, Philly, Albany, Indianapolis, etc, etc).
  SOooooo, the Lincoln train may have indeed been on part of the Erie!

  K A Weller, who does occasionally make mistakes . . . . . . .