Re: (erielack) DL&W Hopper Today

> Re: DL&W covered hopper in Leesport, PA

02905 was one of the sand cars that according to the stencil was in "Dry Sand Service Between Scranton Diesel Shop And Phalanx Ohio".  It never was re-lettered EL.  Conrail had it at the
locomotive terminal in Rutherford (PA) in 1980 where I saw it; the DL lettering continuing to fade away.

Here is my question.  Where did DL get their locomotive sand from before the merger?  Did they have one dedicated location like Phalanx O. on the Erie.

Mike Oravec