Re: (erielack) Ghost Train

Um,  I may have been entirely wrong about my previous comments about the
route of the Lincoln Funeral Train.  I previously doubted that the train travelled
on the Erie at all, in that it would be a rather unusual way to get to
Indianapolis, etc.  Then, just yesterday, I was browsing at our local library, and
came across some sort of history magazine (can't recall the title, and didn't
make a copy) that had the Route - which apparently was very circuitous, and did
go here & there  (including I believe NY city, Philly, Albany, Indianapolis,
etc, etc).
SOooooo, the Lincoln train may have indeed been on part of the Erie!

K A Weller, who does occasionally make mistakes . . . . . . .