(erielack) re:No. 6 Jct.

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-04-04-05

ErieScranton_6Junction.jpg (image/jpeg, 1024x793 201101 bytes)

Harold Brink wrote:.

"Now that I've brought it up, would someone please give me
details on the No. 6 Jct."

No. 6 Junction was located on the Scranton branch of the
Erie's Wyoming Division. It was the switch which formed the
apex of the wye connecting the track from Dunmore shops and
downtown Scranton's passenger station and small yard to
both East Junction (also called Haines Junction) and West
Junction on the main line to Avoca to the west and
Lackawaxen to the east. See the attached map extract (Fair
use-historical research!), where No. 6 Junction is right
below the "77F". Just to the west of the junction the track
crossed Roaring Brook and the DL&W main on the hugh steel
bridge which can be seen in a great photo in Larry
DeYoung's recent Trains article on the Erie Lackawanna.

Vince Lee

Modelling the Erie Wyoming Divison in Pennsylvania and
the Erie 28th Street Terminal in New York City

East and West Railfanning Photos:
http://www.eastwestrails.com/