(erielack) DL&W diner purchase consummated

Hi everyone,

	GREAT NEWS! The purchase of DL&W 470 by the Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation Society has been completed! This tremendous accomplishment could not have been possible without the very generous support of members of this very list, and for that, we offer our deepest gratitude!

	Donations are still being accepted - the car is now owned by us, but there is still the issue of moving the car from its storage location in Washington to the restoration shop in Kansas City. If you would like to donate towards the movement of the car, please visit our website at www.eldcps.org and go to the donation section - make sure you note the donation is for "DL&W 470."

	Work proceeds on EL 741 at a good pace - the roof is completely done now, and looking fine!

	Now that the 470 purchase is complete, our efforts are now focused on our convention in Scranton coming up this October. We have a full slate of activities for the 3-day event, and we hope to see you all there! Visit our website for more details.

	- Paul

P.S. One last note - we still have seats available for our "Dinner in the Diner" event at Andre's Restaurant in Newton, NJ, on April 17.  You can learn more (and sign up) at: http://www.eldcps.org/news/andres.html