Re: (erielack) Complete list of steam excursions over EL?

In a message dated 3/30/05 1:16:23 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
paultup_@_lucent.com writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone have a definitive list of dates that steam excursions were run
> over EL? There were several with the NKP 759 and "D&H 302", and the trips over
> the Gladstone Branch behind MCC 385. I was curious to see over what
> timeframe all these trips happened, and why they stopped? (was it EL's bankruptcy?)
>
>   - Paul

It was my understanding that railfan excusions gradually decreased due to the
increasing insurance costs, and the elderly nature of the steam locos
(expensive to re-build and re-certify).
- --K A Weller in Hoosierland