Re: (erielack) DL&W Mystery Photo #3

In a message dated 3/27/05 8:04:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dlw1el2_@_aol.com
writes:

> http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-26-05
>  DL_W_1135__Jesse_Wilson_.jpg  (image/jpeg, 1906x1517 1154064 bytes)
>
>  Here it is, folks - what's the  location?

It's Maybrook on that 10/17/1948 excursion.  I've never seen this Jesse
Wilson photo before, but others from that trip show the 1135 in the same state of
weathering -- the coal-board area of the tender was cleaner than the sides,
that smudge on the cab side is also there in other photos of that trip in
Rockaway. Other photos in Maybrook that day show similar weather.  These details
stand a good chance of being unique to that day. That trip only stopped for photos
at Rockaway and Maybrook, so it's pretty much just photos in those locations
that surface. One of a long line of Rail Camera Safari trips, it was jointly
sponsored by the New York Society of Model Engineers, the Railroad Enthusiasts
and the Railroadians of America.

                    ....Mike Del Vecchio

End of EL List Daily V3 #1603