Re: (erielack) DL&W plate

Hi Glen:

	It's a diagram of the brake levers from a freight car. The numbers are
the length of the levers and the dots are where the levers connect or
are anchored to the body or trucks.

	For a given amount of piston travel, by changing the lengths of the
levers, you achieve the desired amount of pressure the brake shoe
applies to the wheel.

	Bill

Glen Larimer wrote:
> NOTE: This message had contained at least one image attachment.
> To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
> following URL into your web browser:
>

> http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-03-28-05
>
> DL__Wthing.jpg (image/jpeg, 400x164 17432 bytes)
>
> Could someone tell me what this object is. Thanks!     -Glen Larimer

- --
Be a Locomotive Engineer:
Its the most fun you can have with 3000 HP