Re: (erielack) Rock Road Fatal

> The video shows a three-car Metro-North Comet V set running cab car first,
> stopped several train lengths from the crossing.  Can't read any numbers
> or identify the diesel.
>
> --- CO614_@_aol.com wrote:
>> Channel 7 (WABC-TV) showed a helicopter shot of the train - the cab car
>> had a Metro-North logo on it.  I assume that the cab car was not a Comet
>> version.  The victim's car was totally destroyed, apparently having been
>> struck at a high rate of speed. Let's hope that the engineer will be
> O.K.
>> The trauma to the engineer must be overwhelming.  The accident scene was
>> on NJT's ex-Erie Main Line at Rock Road in Glen Rock.
>
> Gary R. Kazin
> DL&W Milepost R35.7
> Rockaway, New Jersey
>
> http://www.geocities.com/gkazin/index.html

> Make Yahoo! your home page
> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Talked to the engineer involved today. He is okay. Track speed in that area
is 60 and he wasn't supposed to stop at Glen Rock. Minor damage to the cab
car.

Apparently a case of normally intelligent person making a mistake.

Steve
- --
The railroad's best safety device
Is a well trained, well rested engineer