(erielack) Some good cutoff news-again!

GOOD NEWS - NO - GREAT News.  The following is an article that appeared in
our northwest NJ edition of the Star-Ledger newspaper.

Transit projects clear another hurdle on Hill - Lackawanna Cut-off included
in House bill
By Jim Lockwood, Star-Ledger staff, March 11, 2005

Millions of dollars for transportation projects in Morris, Sussex and Warren
counties advanced yesterday under a $284 billion, six-year highway and
transit bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives.
However, last year the House passed a similar transit bill, but it failed to
come up for a vote in the U.S. Senate, said U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen
(R-11th Dist.). Likewise, this new version must first gain approval from the
Senate and then be signed into law by the president before funds can flow,
he said.
The bill also includes, for the first time, language that makes a top
priority of reviving passenger service on the former Lackawanna Cut-off
railroad as part of New Jersey's "Urban Core."
    "This is another milestone in our continuing fight to restore the
Lackawanna Cut-off, get cars off our overcrowded highways, reduce air
pollution and improve the efficiency of rail service in northern New
Jersey," Frelinghuysen said.
    The proposed Lackawanna Cut-off would link the Poconos and New York City
through a passenger railroad that restores an abandoned rail line in Sussex
and Warren counties.

Click Here!

To Subscribe:
anthraciterr-subscribe_@_yahoogroups.com