(erielack) ELDCPS - Lackawanna Diner 470/770

ELDCPS Friends, Members, and EL Listers :

Simply put, the fans have spoken! Thanks to the overwhelming support of the
Erie Lackawanna fanbase, we are proud to announce that, in an extremely
short time period, we have raised the necessary funds to purchase Diner 470,
and the check is, as they say, in the mail! On behalf of the directors of
ELDCPS, we can't thank all of you enough for stepping up when it was needed.
We wouldn't of been able to purchase this car without your generous
financial assistance, and for that, we are grateful!

Diner 470 is your car. The Erie Lackawanna will live on because of you.

So, pat yourselves on the back for a job well done... but now, we must keep
moving forward! The amount of donations that we received over the past
several days was amazing, but we have to ask that they keep coming in. Now
that we have raised the funds to secure the car, we must immediately start
raising the funds for the insurance and transportation of the car from
Washington to Kansas City. There is still plenty more work to do, both with
470 and Diner 741. VP/Ops John Boehner will be updating the list shortly on
our progress.

To our members, thank you all very much for your contributions. You have
made this all possible, and we hope to have your continued support in the
future.

To all of our new members, welcome to ELDCPS! We hope to see all of you at
our convention in October. We are finalizing all of the details right now,
and some of them can already be found on our Convention Page at
http://www.eldcps.org/convention.html.

For non-members, now is a great time to become one! For only $20 a year, or
$200 lifetime, become a member of ELDCPS, support the restoration and
preservation of the Erie Lackawanna passenger experience, and have the
opportunity to attend what is lining up to be a very exciting convention in
October. Also, you will receive our update newsletter, The Diner Digest; be
eligible for special discounts on our reproduction items; as well as access
our Members-Only area of the website. Visit our Membership & Donations page
for more info at http://www.eldcps.org/donations.html

We're over this hump, but there is still plenty more work to be done.
Support ELDCPS and EXPERIENCE the Friendly Service Route once again...

Michael Steinberg
Vice President/Communications, Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation
Society, Inc.
http://www.eldcps.org