RE: (erielack) Portage Bridge

*snip*

> I hope it is done in a "tasteful" e.g. historically accurate way.
>
> Dale

Dale, it's a "replacement" not a "restoration."

I have heard from a person who has reason to know that the replacement is to be
located somewhat to the south, to eliminate the sharp curve on the west side,
and also a curve on the east end, and that it is a single clear arched span,
minimizing disruption of the natural landscape below.  Also that the plan is for
the existing bridge to remain as a walkway for people. It will certainly hold
people, just not trains much longer.

But eventually, we'd probably see a Kinzua-like event.  Nobody will take care of
it.

SGL