Re:RE: (erielack) A couple of items

Of course they had bathrooms!  They just had bathrooms with big windows -- a simple and, I think, rather elegant design.

See Lofland and Obed, in Prototype Modeller, January-February, 1988, p23.

Randy Brown
Ed Montgomery asked:

> And then there is the MODEL RAILROADER article on the DL&W lightweight
> coaches.  Very interesting.  Question:  I never rode in these cars.  I
> have heard people complain about them.  Something about not being able
> to effectively see out the windows.  Where the seats too low?  These
> coaches are really unique.  Other lightweights have small
> windows at the
> car ends.  The Lackawanna coaches did not.  It looks like a kind of
> custom design.

First off, you WILL be able to ride in one of these cars again! ELDCPS VP-Operations John Boehner and his wife purchased former EL 1318/DL&W 318. More info can be found here:

    http://www.eldcps.org/equipment/1318.html

Weren't the small windows for the bathroom section? Did the DL&W cars have bathrooms?

End of EL List Daily V3 #1583