RE: (erielack) Hoboken Shore question

Joe and all,

> Is the Hoboken Shore RR the same as the Hoboken Terminal RR?

No, it was originally the Hoboken Manufacturers Railroad.

> Would this be the rr that had an HH660 # 601?

Yes, it most certainly was.

> And, if so, would the engine have used the same herald as the
> box  cars?

Nope, here's a photo from my Hoboken Shore site:

http://hbs.railfan.net/hmrr5.jpg

The boxcars didn't appear until the late 1960s/early 1970s, by which point that HH660 was razor blades. :(

Shameless plug - to learn more about this interesting road (that had strong Erie ties), read more on my page:

http://hbs.railfan.net