(erielack) Lackawanna Diner 470/770 - Urgent appeal

I wanted to chime in as well on this subject (of course). It broke my heart
when I had to send an email back in early 2001 to this list making the
announcement that Diner 470 was sold to American Orient Express. Through no
fault of our own, the car slipped through our fingers. Now we have the
opportunity to make good on our original plan, and I don't want the
opportunity to pass again. It was with your help that we have been able to
bring together the components of an authentic Erie Lackawanna long distance
passenger train, and it is now that we call upon you again. I personally
thank you all for your continued assistance of ELDCPS and the Lake Cities
Project, and I hope that we can continue to count on you to raise the
remaining funds to safely secure Diner 470 in our collection, insuring the
survival and restoration of an important piece of Erie Lackawanna history.

Thank you

Michael Steinberg
VP/Communications, ELDCPS
http://www.eldcps.org